This recipe was on a total whim! I wanted to roast some asparagus but my steaks had just gone in the broiler so I had to think of a plan b….and it had to be a quick cook as the steaks wouldn’t take long! Hence – asparagus rice!
I had many peeps on instagram asking for the recipe so I thought I’d quickly post it here. It was super quick and easy! Take a look and then go grab some asparagus 🙂 I kinda feel like it’ll be a great summer side as you can tweak it into salad form…..almost like coleslaw. Oh man, my mind is running with ideas now!
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 -3 tbsp ghee, brown butter or butter
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- sprinkle of pepper
- Cut of "woodsy" ends of asparagus stalks.
- In food processor, use your grater attachment and add handfuls of asparagus down shoot - keep adding and "ricing" til you've used all of your asparagus.
- In a large pan, melt your fat of choice.
- Add the riced asparagus and warm on low heat (too high and it will get mushy). Add your seasonings.....stir.
- *I squeezed just a tad of lemon for a fresh note. I think next time I will try different seasonings and/or garlic to spice it up.....but this is a great base to start with 🙂