As I tried to get things together to prep for the week, I asked myself how I could do a quick short rib recipe that is tasty and fuss-free. I realized that I made the very recipe that I was trying to come up with, a few months ago and never posted.
I realize not everyone has an Instant Pot so this could be made in a crockpot for sure. BUT I highly recommend grabbing an Instant Pot if you’ve been thinking about it because it truly saves the day when you want a meal relatively quickly. It serves the same purpose as a crockpot in terms of “dump & go” but you can have it on your table in a fraction of the time. I don’t have many recipes yet but there are several bloggers out there who do. I’m hoping to get many more up on the blog this summer. I can honestly say that I haven’t had anything bad come out of the pot yet …..however, it does take some getting used to the buttons/timing.
As summer/hotter months approach, I don’t like turning on the oven (who does?) & BBQing is always the best choice for me but now that I have the Instant Pot, I know I’ll be relying on that as well. I got mine last year on Black Friday (super good deal – if you don’t grab one before then, check out the black friday deals next fall!) so this will be the first summer that I will have it to use. I’m hoping the desire to keep the oven off will allow me to create some fun recipes to share with you all.
On to the recipe! As I said, fuss-free with just a few ingredients so let me know what you think if you give it a-go. I served it up with a cauli-mash & brussels but this next go of it will be with an asian inspired cauli-rice. Omgosh….I’m hungry now. I’ll let you go and I’m headed into the kitchen to start dinner! 🙂
- 3 lbs short ribs
- 1 can pineapple chunks in its own juices
- 2+ tbsp spicy seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- Rub your ribs down with the seasoning - add s & p to taste.
- Place your ribs in the Instant Pot and top with the can of pineapple - juices and all.
- Press the button on instant pot to Meat/Stew and set timer to 45 min.
- Once done, turn on your broiler & release steam on instant pot.
- On a foil lined baking sheet, careful take ribs out of instant pot and set on baking sheet. Sprinkle a bit more spicy seasoning if you want a real "bite". Broil for 4 minutes. (You can add the pineapples as well if you want a bit of charred pineapple).
- Serve with the pineapple chunks and favorite side!