You may have noticed a trend …..but I tend to create most of my recipes when needing to use up a food item. I had blueberries & raspberries on hand and noticed they weren’t going quick enough so a recipe needed to be developed! And since I had coffee in hand while making this decision, a buttery cinnamon muffin sounded amazing!!! So these little Berry Streusel Muffins were born.
I’ll keep this writing short so you can get straight to the recipe but I wanted to remind of you of the almond flour I use. As stated before, Honeyville was always in my cupboard until I came across Anthony’s Goods. They offer 2 different grades & I use the culinary grade. It’s honestly my fav! They have other flours/products as well so if you’re in the market to find some, head on over and check out their products. If you like to bake a lot, love pancakes or just need a good quality flour for any of your recipes, I highly suggest trying this product. My baked goods have never tasted so sinful, full of guilt and so close to the “real thing” until I used Anthony’s Goods 😛
On another note: the school year is almost over! YAY! I have just a handful of weeks to go and then school’s out AND my daughter and granddaughter are coming to hang with me for a while. THAT is exciting stuff! I do work summer school and the district is starting something new and having summer school run in August instead of July. Not quite sure how I feel about this. I kinda like ending the school year and having shortened summer school days right after ….then having all of August off before we resume in September. We’ll see how this goes!
Anyway, that being said it’s a huge reminder that berries are now in season so grab some of your favorites and make these finger lickin’ good muffins. I store them in the fridge and pop in microwave for 15 seconds to warm & serve with coffee. You can even add more ghee or grass-fed butter to your warm muffin — why not??? #eatallthefat 🙂
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, mix your butter and coconut sugar until creamy. Add in eggs and vanilla, then cashew milk and combine thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients for muffins. Slowly incorporate the wet ingredients with the dry using a whisk. Gently fold in berries.
- Mix your streusel ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Line your muffin tin with cupcake liners (I use parchment liners) or grease the muffin tin. Using a small scooper (about 1 tbsp worth), add batter to each muffin tin. Drizzle some of the streusel on top of that layer. Add more muffin batter to each. Top each with remaining streusel.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Let cool but eat warm!
- Store in refrigerator with a paper towel on top of muffins to absorb condensation. Warm in microwave for 15 - 20 seconds to get all the butter juices flowing again ....and serve with coffee!