I’m heading out to Expo West in a bit and I know this weekend is going to fly by so I wanted to quickly get this recipe up for you all. Super easy and goes along side any protein…..AND the next day, I added shredded chicken to it and it became a meal in itself!
Who went to Natural Products Expo West this past weekend??? Or have you even heard of it? I went last year and OMG — so overwhelming with all the booths, info and people but at the same time such a great experience! I only went one day last year and I will be doing the same this year and it really is hard to get through it all in one day. I am hoping next year I can take a couple of days to really enjoy and take my time through it all. Anyway, for those who don’t know – it’s a huge expo of natural products displayed in the Anaheim Convention Center. Of course there are tons of food booths …..be it paleo, primal, vegetarian etc, as well as natural beauty, cleaning products, health care, baby products, wellness, …..and so on. I love dabbling with all of the new and upcoming lines that are being promoted as well as visiting my favorite brands that I use on a daily basis. SO! As you read this, I will have already visited this year and I will be sure to post about new brands that will soon be favorites in my household.
Onward to the recipe so I can get ready and head out to Anaheim 🙂 As I said, I made this up to go along side my chicken legs but the next day, I shredded some prepped chicken and added it to the caulirice and it was great! Of course add it to the side of any protein or add any protein to the rice and you’ve got yourself a delicious easy and quick meal.
- 1 package (16 oz) of cauliflower crumbles (or 1/2 head cauliflower, riced)
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 2 green onion stalks, sliced
- 1/8 cup (or more) buffalo sauce
- 2 tbsp ghee or brown butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 14 tsp pepper
- Optional: 2 cups shredded or diced cooked chicken
- In a large pan, melt butter or ghee. Add cauliflower rice/crumbles and stir to warm through, then add celery to combine.
- Continue cooking on medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add buffalo sauce (and I only recommend 1/8 cup to start ...then taste test as you go for desired spiciness*), garlic powder, salt and pepper. Warm through, stirring occasionally another 3-4 minutes.
- Add green onions & cooked shredded chicken if using.
- Serve with your favorite protein!
- *I usually scoop some out & set to the side using 1/8 cup but then add a little more sauce to make it spicier for my husband and I.