Who doesn’t love buffalo wings? I love everything ‘buffalo’! I had some prepped chicken breasts in the fridge & decided to make a buffalo chicken dip out of it. It was such a hot day and I just didn’t want to turn on the oven but really had the craving for the buffalo chicken flavor!
One of my favorite things to do back in my “younger” days, was to go grab hot wings with my hubby after a long night of karaoking! Yep….we were (are) those crazy peeps who likes to karaoke. My hubby has an amazing voice and for years, I’d just sit and listen to all the singers – until one day I thought, ‘Who cares? I wanna get up there and have fun!’ Not sure how much fun it was for the people listening…..probably more like FUNNY but again, who cares, right??? YOLO 🙂 So anyway, all with that said, we used to have those late night cravings and buffalo wings (or curly fries :-/) were our favs to grab!
I have always made my own paleo mayo but recently discovered this paleo mayo from Primal Kitchen Foods and it’s amazing! It’s really good and convenient!!! I will probably still make my mayo but I will always have this on hand for a quick addition to a recipe. And that’s what made this dip come together so quickly….prepped chicken breast that I just shredded and premade paleo mayo.
Another quick addition to this recipe is a premade buffalo sauce. I use Tessemaes brand but of course any brand will do. Just check your ingredients if you’re trying to stay as clean as possible.
Serve this dip with veggies or just eat with a spoon!
- 3 precooked chicken breasts/shredded or finely chopped*
- 1/2 cup paleo mayo
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup buffalo sauce**
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- *various dipping foods - celery, cucumbers, bell peppers, plantain chips etc.
- Take all ingredients and mix well in a large bowl.
- Store in fridge for about an hour to let all the flavors settle in.
- *I use my food chopper to chop up my chicken
- **Start with 1/2 cup ....or even 1/4 cup if you don't like it too spicy. And just keep adding slowly to taste. Or obviously add more than 3/4 cups if you like it hot!
- Prep ahead! If you know you'd like to make this, prep the chicken ahead of time - I like to add a couple/few more chicken breasts when making some for dinner so I can keep a few in the fridge for meals like this.