This week has been a whirlwind of emotions. If you saw my IG story and/or post, you know that I lost my niece this past week due to complications with pneumonia. Ugh. I’m sure you can imagine how tragic and sudden, this devastating news was to our family. My niece Sara was a bright, spunky and one of the most giving people I ever knew. She was 38 and left behind 2 teenage children. I share this info with you for a reason – 1) I’ve gotten many sweet DM’s asking how our family is doing and 2) because I’ll be sending out a blog post on my thoughts of how our health and well being plays a huge role in how we deal with simple things like a cold …..or even the flu for that matter but more than that, how resting our bodies when we feel under the weather is vital. And I do mean vital! I’ll leave it there for now but I thought I’d touch on that as quite honestly, this week has been one of the most trying weeks of my life and I’ve been trying to stay positive and balanced.
One of the ways I’ve been trying to remain balanced this week, is touching base with you via IG. I told myself that this 2018, I was going to try and be more active on my IG Stories but that took a quick back seat this week. That said, I definitely wanted to keep posting recipes and/or healthy options for meals because I truly (now more than ever) want to inspire you all to try and make 2018 a healthier you. This doesn’t mean a smaller clothing size or 6 pack abs, it means dialing in on nutrition and what it can do for your body – energy, focus and feeling rested.
With that – here’s a recipe that I teased a couple of weeks ago. It’s loaded with veggies and protein! It’ll work well to prep ahead and have on hand for dinners to take along to work for lunch. Have at it my friends. And again, thank you for all the well wishes and sentiments!
- 1 16oz package *Cauliflower Crumbles "Fried Rice" Blend*
- 2 cups cooked, diced or shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cashew milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, ghee or butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except coconut oil, ghee or butter) until well incorporated, including whisked eggs.
- Wipe the oil, ghee or butter on bottom and sides of 8x8 baking dish. Pour the cauli-rice mixture into the baking dish and smooth/til dish around, to allow eggs to be distributed evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Let cool about 10 minutes before slicing into it.
- *Green Giant has this blend I use but feel free to use any brand that has other veggies added to their cauliflower "rice".