So here’s the thing. I love having a breakfast that is hearty and usually go for savory (although I do love my pancakes or muffins from time to time) …..so I do try and make meals that are easy so I can keep up with my palate on rushed mornings before work.
I love the idea of hash but I don’t eat white potatoes and sometimes sweet potatoes are little too sweet for what my taste buds are itching for. This particular morning, I saw cauliflower and thought, “Why must I wait and make it for dinner???” Breakfast works, right?? And so it did. It worked and it was easy.
It’s a super tasty “hash” on its own and can certainly be used for any meal but putting an egg on it and keeping it to a one pan meal, makes it a perfect breakfast! And it certainly gives you a lot of healthy fats & nutrients to start your day!
- 3-4 pastured eggs
- 1 tsp meat and potato seasoning
- Heat a cast iron skillet (or oven safe pan) and melt coconut oil over medium/high heat.
- *Preheat oven to 400 if topping off with eggs.
- Add the cauliflower chunks and incorporate the oil throughout the cauliflower. Cook in pan for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the mushrooms and red bell peppers. Continue cooking another 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle in the seasonings and toss. Fork test cauliflower - should be tender. This step is done, unless you're adding the eggs.
- *If using eggs, crack 3 - 4 eggs on top of the veggies and let them rest on top of stove for 3ish minutes. Grab a pot holder and put the pan into preheated 400 degree oven.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until whites are set. Sprinkle with a meat and potato seasoning to kick the flavors up a notch!