How many times have you heard me say (well, have seen these words…) ‘prep ahead, prep is key, cook while you work or prep on Sunday’ etc???? I LOVE to have things ready to go so a healthy weeknight meal isn’t hard to do! Sometimes you just don’t have the opportunity to prep ahead so you spend hours in the kitchen making dinner and then have to clean up a mound of dishes, after consuming the meal in 2 minutes flat (I’m being a bit overdramatic but you get my point 🙂 ……
Here’s the perfect solution for the busy weeknight when you didn’t have time to prep the weekend before — a meal from ‘One Pot Paleo’ Cookbook by my friend Jenny! She has created a cookbook to make your delicious and healthy meal, in one pot! Well, sometimes it’s in one pan, baking dish or wok but the meal is made without having to pull out several of your pots and pans, leaving you less dishes to do after dinner! I LOVE THAT!
Aside from the fact that you don’t have many dishes to do, the meals are incredible! The few that I have made have been amazingly good. There aren’t a lot of crazy ingredients to get either. I actually had all of these ingredients on hand for this ‘Cauliflower Pork Fried Rice’ so this was the first thing I made – and it was devoured by the family….as were the other dishes I made. I have many post its, marking the meals I want to make next and it’s just so hard to choose the next one. I may have to do “Eenie, meenie, minie, moe”!
Jenny was kind enough to let me share the recipe for this meal! Yay! Thank you, girlie! And if you’d like to grab a copy of ‘One Pot Paleo Cookbook’ <—- click! I promise you won’t regret it! In the meantime, go ahead and make this meal while waiting for your cookbook to arrive 🙂
- 1 tbsp ghee or bacon fat
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sweet onions, chopped
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups cauliflower rice*
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- Add ghee to a wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and onions & saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the ground pork and cook for 7-8 minutes while breaking apart big pieces with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the carrots and season with the coconut aminos, fish sauce and black pepper. Remove from the wok and set aside in a bowl.
- Crack the eggs into the wok and scramble for 1 minute. Return the pork mixture to the pan and stir together with the eggs.
- Add the cauliflower rice and green onions. Mix until everything is thoroughly combined. Cook for 5 minutes until cauliflower is soft but not mushy.
- Top with more green onions before serving.
- *Jenny has a recipe for the rice in her book but if you've never made cauliflower rice, you can just add chopped cauliflower to a food processor with the grater attachment and you'll have rice!