Cravings kicked in and I came up with this! For some reason peanut butter cookies popped in my head & I couldn’t shake it so decided to make an almond butter cookie….but added chocolate chips (because!) and these turned out super yum! I had a love for those Chips Ahoy cookies because I LOVE crunchy cookies – and when you dunk them in milk?!? OMG. And quite honestly, these remind me those very cookies!
I really think I should quit my job and just hang out in the kitchen and cook/bake! Anyone else feel that way? I have been having so much fun and my darn job gets in the way of my fun! I could honestly spend my days in the kitchen…..I never thought I’d ever say that! I think my hubby misses me though. More often than not, he’s asking how much longer I’ll be. I need to find a balance but at the same time, I think he’s loving the benefits of my cooking/baking madness! Down side? The never ending dishes! Meh. So let’s see??? I quit my job and not bring home money AND then hire someone to come in and clean after I make a mess! Hmmmm…probably not gonna be able to win that offer :/
Anywaaaayyyy….. these cookies are easy to make and if you like crunch, you’ll love these! And as mentioned above, they resemble those good ol’ Chips Ahoy cookies – which I must admit, there was a time that I ate a whole row out of the sleeve they package their cookies in. Crazy, hu??
Please leave me a comment if you give these a try! I’d love to know what you think 🙂
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer (or handheld mixer), combine almond butter, egg, coconut sugar and vanilla.
- Add in tapioca flour, baking soda and salt and mix well - scraping sides if needed.
- Mix in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Place cookie dough on parchment lined cookie sheet and gently flatten a little with back of slightly wet spoon to prevent the spoon from sticking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.