Fun little game we had going on with these bars…..’Name That Treat’! I made them and couldn’t figure out what to call them. Were they blondies, bars, cookies….???? So I asked for your help! And I was happy to have had a handful of people play, but the the winner is (….drum roll!)….Candy! You can find Candy on instagram – @earthmama_24wholelife
I was happy to see the emails and pictures come in! I appreciate all that played! I’ll admit, it was hard to pick a name. I just couldn’t bring myself to pick one so I put all the names on paper and literally pulled one out of a hat!
It sounds like the ‘Chocolate Chip Cakie Square’ were well liked by all and that alone made me smile! I actually made these for a get together recently (non-paleo peeps) and I got lots of great feedback so again, I smiled!
Thanks again for all who participated and tried these out! You rock!
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 ripe banana, large
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted but cooled coconut
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper**
- Mix almond butter, banana and coconut sugar in stand mixer (any mixer will do) Add coconut oil.
- Once combined, add in both eggs & vanilla ....mix well.
- Now add your flours, baking powder & salt (best to mix these separately first ...then add to wet).
- By hand, mix in the chocolate chips.
- Place your batter into baking pan & smooth out.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- **TIP! Add a bit of solid coconut oil to a paper towel and wipe sides & bottom of pan. This will help your parchment paper to stay put 🙂
- Let cool on cooling rack before slicing into them! Then chow down!