These cookies were kind of a mishap but turned out yumm! I love chocolate & salt combo so these Crunchy Chocolate Cookie Balls (w/Pink Salt) are pretty amazing!
I also used hazelnut flour – which in some bites, almost has an Ferrero Rocher taste. You can sub almond flour if you’d like…I’ve made with both flours and both are delish but I kinda like the hazelnut for this cookie.
I’ll keep my babbling to minimum because I accidentally published this without a post (still getting the hang of this blogging thing!) so had to get something on here 😉 but now…..you can get to the recipe quicker! Hope you enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cup hazelnut flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 8 oz dark chocolate (or semi sweet chocolate chips/bits - 4 oz melted and 4 oz chips/bits)
- 8 tbsp brown butter, ghee or unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 - 2 tsp pink salt (for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat oven to 350degrees
- Melt 4 oz of dark chocolate (I use Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips)
- Add melted brown butter, ghee or butter and mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine hazelnut flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar & baking powder.
- Add in butter/chocolate mixture, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix batter well ...and fold in remainder 4 oz of dark chocolate chips.
- On a parchment lined cookie sheet, use a melon baller/cookie scooper to scoop out onto cookie sheet.
- Take your pink salt & pinch a sprinkle on each dough "ball" (you may need to do these in 2 batches depending on size of cookie sheet)
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes, rotating sheet 1/2 way through.