This little meal happened on a whim! I wanted to start the crockpot Sunday morning because I was going to be so busy all day and knew I wouldn’t feel like cooking dinner BUT I hadn’t thawed out any meat. When I glanced in the freezer, these short ribs were staring right back at me so I just decided to ‘go with it’ and try them in the crockpot, frozen.
It worked! I was worried they would be undercooked or what have you but when I pulled them out, the meat literally fell off the bones and shred so easily. The trick I like to use after the crockpot (with pork or beef) is to quickly char under the broiler. It just kinda gives it a little bit more flavor and slight char/crunch that I like but that certainly isn’t necessary. It’s all about preference.
I served over cauli-rice & it was a perfect! Well, have at it!
- In a crockpot, line the bottom with the onion chunks & beef broth.
- Season short ribs with salt and pepper & lay on top of onions and broth.
- Drizzle the coconut aminos and honey mustard dressing over the beef along with the minced garlic.
- Cook in crockpot on high for 6 hours.
- Serve with caulirice or favorite side.
- *Pretty much falls off the bone so shredding is easy - or just serve as is. I like to shred on baking sheet and blast under broiler for a few minutes to give it a little char. Don't keep under broiler too long ....you don't want it drying out 🙂