It’s no secret to anyone that knows me, I’m a (dark) chocoholic! I absolutely love my chocolate but it has to be dark chocolate! I pretty much have my chocolate candy fix at least once per day by grabbing a square from a dark chocolate bar.
Believe it or not, there are benefits from eating dark chocolate so that’s my real motivation — so I tell myself!!! But it is important to know that most of those chocolate bars come have soy lecithin and other added ingredients that we may not want to indulge in. That being said, I am ‘ok’ with the occasional treat. One of the chocolates I use a lot for baking is Enjoy Life Chocolate – no artificial anything, non-gmo, dairy free, soy free & gluten free! So it’s usually a go-t0 for bars or baking morsels.
When I have a moment, I like to make my own dark chocolate candies. It’s super easy & just a few ingredients …and it’s nice that you can add as much or little sweetener as you’d like or even specific nuts, sea salt or nut butters! They do soften in room temp so you need to keep stored in fridge and they’ll keep for a couple of weeks so you can have that piece per day and not feel guilty about it 🙂 So go make your chocolate ….and eat it too!!!
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 heaping tbsp's unsweetened cacao
- 1 tbsp melted raw honey
- 2 tbsp Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp finely chopped almonds (or nut of choice - amount depends on if you're adding to all
- chocolates or a handful)
- Dash of salt
- Melt coconut oil, honey &chocolate chips.
- Mix in the cocoa powder with the oil mixture.
- Place melted chocolate into candy molds or mini cupcake liners. You can also just pour into small baking pan and make chocolate bark.
- Sprinkle nuts if using & pinch sea salt over candies.
- Refrigerate til hardened.
- Store in fridge as they will melt in warm temps.