Deviled eggs with a twist! I had an avocado to use, as well as hardboiled eggs so I came up with this. I usually make ‘egg-vocado’ mash but decided to whip up just the yolks with guacamole, put that yumminess into the egg whites and lay them on roasted brussels and it was delish! It didn’t stop there – since I had prepped sausage ahead of time, I added that to the guac/egg yolk mixture and it just took it up another level.
Seems like an easy enough recipe for all to make up on their own but I did get quite a few comments asking how much of this…or that. So why not just give you all the details here?
I mentioned the egg-vocado mash and that’s usually a go-to for me when I have hardboiled eggs on hand. It’s so easy and quick to mash up some hardboiled eggs with avocado…..and you get a mash! Season it up with your favorite seasonings and plop it on top of some sauteed greens or veggies you’re good to go! You’ve got some protein, healthy fats and veggies!
I started out making my egg-vocado mash when I decided to just mix in the yolks with the avocado. And as I said, had cooked sausage on hand so added that to the mixture. YUM! You can obviously devour these for breakfast but what a fun treat to take to a potluck. An unexpected & perfect twist on deviled eggs!
- 4 hardboiled eggs
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1-2 tbsp paleo mayonnaise
- 1 spicy sausage link
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- S & P to taste
- Take sausage out of casing and cook/crumble in pan. Remove from stove to cool a bit.
- Slice your eggs in 1/2 and take out yolks. Add yolks to bowl with avocado. Mix/mash well.
- Add paleo mayo to desired consistency ....add seasonings & mix well. Toss in your sausage.
- Once all is combined, spoon out into egg white halves. Sprinkle with more @flavorgod 'Garlic' and ...dig in!
- Serve with some sauteed greens or veggies for breakfast!