When my kids were in high school, they rarely made the time in the morning to sit and have breakfast. But they ALWAYS managed to have enough time to run off and meet friends at Starbucks on a late start day! I heard these words …”Gotta go mom, I’m late” more often than not. I get it. I was a teen too and yes, food/nutrition wasn’t something that I put at the top of my list of priorities. These type of breakfasts – ‘Egg Bake Muffins’ (or any type of premade breakfast that you can grab and go!) – were what I would have on hand so I could just say, “Here! Take this with you!”
I believe I have another recipe similar to this on the blog but I threw this together one morning and I got all the good feels from the family so I figured I would post this as well. I am ALL FOR you taking these recipes as inspiration but tweaking to fit your own likes/needs and making it your own. So please, add and/or omit ingredients and please let me know what you did to fit into your own lifestyle ….I would love to hear what works for you!
I made these particular muffins in the tin with some coconut oil BUT I highly suggest using parchment paper muffin liners. They actually came out pretty good when cooled but I still didn’t like the clean up. And with parchment liners, you get all the muffin without any sticking! Of course, your muffin tin doesn’t need much attention by way of clean up either – which is always a win with me when clean up is minimal.
Mother’s Day is around the corner! These little Egg Bakes would be great to prep ahead of time and have an easy serve if you’re hosting a mothers day gathering. They are also easy enough to pass the recipe off to dad/kids so you can enjoy the deliciousness without having to actually make your own breakfast 🙂 Maybe they can even serve it to you in bed!
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup cashew or almond milk
- 1/3 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/3 cup diced onions
- 4 strips of bacon cooked, reserve grease
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Oil for greasing muffin tin or use parchment muffin liners
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Chopped chives & avocado slices for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon in pan. While bacon is doing its thing, whisk eggs in large bowl ...add diced peppers, onions, seasonings and feta cheese.
- Once bacon is done, set aside to cool. Pour out some of the bacon grease (save for another day!), leaving a little to lightly wilt spinach. Add 2 handfuls of spinach to pan and toss with tongs for a few minutes to wilt. Add a sprinkle of garlic powder to spinach.
- Chop bacon into bits and add to egg mixture, as well as the spinach. Mix to combine.
- Grease or line a muffin tin and spoon about 1/3 cup of mixture into each tin -- filled 10 tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Let cool a few before trying to handle them and remove from tin. Sprinkle on some chopped chives and avocado slices to serve.