Who doesn’t love a good pizza?? I will be honest and say that I was never a big pizza lover ….and I guess when I did eat it, it depended on what time of my life that I ate it because there was a time that all the cheese and toppings came off and I ate only the sauce and crust. Then there was the scraping of all the toppings and eating that, with a fork and leaving behind the crust. I was so fickle and in & out of so many fad diets that I don’t think I ever ate a pizza the way it was intended. Now my hubby is a HUGE pizza lover and really loves when we can find gluten free options when out and about OR make a good one at home!
I have dabbled with making several types of pizza’s over the last couple of years. A lot have turned out great and some (mainly the crusts) were fails but never-the-less, pizza tasting so we just ate with a knife and fork!
Now, how easy would it be to have a pizza crust already made — without the grains/gluten/soy and dairy??!!?? VERY easy, right? Well, that’s what is going on here with this pizza. I used Cauli’flour Foods Crust and it’s legit! This particular crust is plant based so no dairy ….however, they have a couple of others that have mozzarella baked right into the crust so if you can tolerate dairy, those are a ‘must try’ as well.
On top of this pizza is not your traditional pizza sauce but more of a dip by The Honest Stand and along with the Garlic Parm Dip that I use here, they have AMAZING tasting Nacho Style Dips (spicy too!) and a Cheddar that I used for a “macaroni” and cheese! OMG – so good! All dairy free and plant based so very friendly to most of our needs and/or allergies.
I wrote up this recipe because I had messages about the ingredients — clearly you can opt out of the crust I have used and use your own and switch up your sauce of choice. This just happened to be an amazing combo with chicken so traditional pizza sauce didn’t sound particularly good to me at the time.
If you check out those brands I mentioned here, let me know! I’d love to know what you think and what recipes you come up with. I am not affiliated with them ….I just love their products! #sharingiscaring 🙂
- 1 Cauli'flour Pizza Crust (I used the plant based crust)
- 1/3 cup The Honest Stand 'Garlic Parm Style Dip'
- 1 cooked chicken breast or thigh, diced
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, broken into big bits
- 1 cup quartered artichoke hearts, drained & dried of excess water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or sliced
- 1/3 cup red onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup arugula leaves, chopped
- Prepare crust as directed (The Cauli'flour Veggie Crust was 375 degrees for 5 min on parchment paper or pizza stone). Take crust out and let sit for 5-10 min.
- Top with 1/4 cup of the Garlic Parm dip and spread over top of crust (if you minced the garlic, spread it on with the dip).
- Sprinkle on diced chicken, red onion, bacon and garlic slices (minced is spread on with Parm dip) and place artichokes around pizza.
- Put back into oven and warm through for about 8-10 minutes. Top with freshly chopped arugula leaves.
- The combination of garlic, chicken and the "parm" dipping sauce was delicious! Obviously switch out sauces and/or crusts to fit your own palate.