Let’s see. Christmas came and went. I always find it so interesting that Christmas decorations are out soooo early – I mean, we’re talking before Halloween even takes place, right? But then the next thing you know, Christmas is over. I think I’m going to start appreciating the fact that stores put up decorations so early now. It really does make the season last longer that way. I leave my home decorated until New Years Day so I can squeeze out all of the festive season that I can! But come January 1st …..everything comes done & I get my house back in order. It’s sad but at the same time, feels so good to clean and strip away the extra clutter.
Speaking of January 1st, how do you all ring in the new year? I remember planning our night out and my outfit for weeks! Now? I am hoping to make it to midnight! The last few years, we’ve dozed off on the couch trying to stay up! Game nights are always a fun way to hang with friends but steer clear of the crazies that are out and about! I loved being one of those crazies a while back but now I’m a bit more content with a good nights sleep and a productive New Years day! Are you still one of the crazies?? Or a homebody on NYE?
Well! Here’s a perfect recipe to make for either a NYE night at home or get together …..or a for New Years Day while you recoup and/or be productive like myself and get your house back in order. This Chipotle Meatball recipe is easy-peasy and ready in no time. Double it up if you’re having a get together! I love it as an appetizer/snack food but it’s also so good on zoodles or spaghetti squash!
Happy New Year my friends! I wish you all a wonderful and prosperous 2018, filled with peace, laughter and love! <3
- In a bowl, combine meat, egg, almond flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Using a small scooper (about 1 tbsp worth), scoop out meat mixture and form into balls. Place on baking sheet or parchment paper. Dice onions.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté mode and add 2 tbsp ghee or butter. Add onions and sauté until softened.
- Scoop in the tomato paste, chipotle sauce (I use the empty can of tomato sauce & fill it 1/2 way), beef broth (I fill the empty tomato sauce can with the broth) and remaining 2 tbsp ghee or butter. Stir to combine.
- Add meatballs to the pot and sauce. Turn the Instant Pot to manual and seal vent. Adjust time to 10 minutes. Once timer goes off, release valve and lift lid.
- Stir. Sauce will thicken a bit. Let meatballs hang out in pot on warm or transfer to serving dish.
- Great at an appetizer but also perfect to top off zoodles or spaghetti squash!