Well, well, well — look what we have here?? An Instant Pot recipe! It seems like forever ago that I used my Instant Pot and I don’t know why. This was the easiest and quickest I have ever made chili! And pumpkin recipe at that!
It’s sad that summer is nearing an end but I truly am looking forward to sweaters, scarves and boots …..and there’s the fall recipes that always warm the home & palates!
I started back to work this past week and it’s good to see friends but honestly, I could so use another week or 2 at home. Moving into our new place was exhausting and that pretty much butt up right into the school year – so it would have been nice to have a little cushion before the school year began. I am definitely thankful that I did have the time off to pack, move, then unpack as I’m sure most don’t have that luxury of having breaks in the summer and holidays. So, I will just be thankful instead of ‘wishing’. Right?? That’s what I’ll do! That said, we are settled! I have a few more pictures to hang and we need to organize the garage more but other than that, we feel comfortable and at home.
I brought out my Instant Pot because my oven isn’t working! Stove top is fine but for some reason the broiler and oven aren’t working so I have a technician coming out to take a look at it. I decided to break out the Instant Pot – I mean, what better timing to dust it off, right??? And I definitely will be keeping that little pot handy because this chili was so good and so easy — quick too!
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, this will work in a slow cooker. Just sear the meat in a pan instead of the Instant Pot ….then transfer all ingredients with the meat, to the slow cooker. It’ll turn out just fine!
Well, have it my friends! Send me other Instant Pot requests as I really do want to start dabbling more with it. What would you like to see? Until then, try this chili & let me know what you think …..
- 1 lb beef, cut into chunks (I used bison)
- 1-2 tbsp favorite cooking fat
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 8 oz canned pumpkin (I just used the can from tomato sauce)
- 1 16 oz package of diced sweet potatoes - or one sweet potato, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Toppings: (optional)
- chopped green onions
- sour cream
- Plug in and set your Instant Pot to the 'Saute' mode.
- While it's heating up for a minute, start cutting and preparing the veggies/meat.
- Add favorite cooking fat to the pot and add the chunks of meat. Saute the meat for a 3-4 minutes, tossing around to coat all sides.
- Once meat is seared on all sides, 'Cancel', then push the 'Meat/Stew' button on Instant Pot and let it come to temperature. Add in the rest of ingredients from diced tomatoes, down and stir.
- Once all is combined, seal lid and let it do its thing!
- Release the steam, remove lid and stir. The sweet potatoes will mash up a bit and that's ok! It's now going to become a thicker chili! Let it hang out in the pot for about 15 minutes to thicken up.
- Serve with chopped green onions, avocado and/or cilantro!