This week has been crazy-busy with my daughter and grand daughter here! I’m loving every single minute of it and frankly, don’t want it to end. I’ll accept the toys scattered about the house and the endless dishes if it means that I can be a part of their lives on a daily basis. I’m truly thankful they are here this Thanksgiving and will be here to go shop with all the Black Friday crazies and then help put up Christmas the weekend after Thanksgiving!
I am also thankful that I was able to get this recipe together and put up on the blog! If it comes too late for you to prep for Thanksgiving, it’ll be perfect for Christmas so make sure and pin it to save for later! I used my Instant Pot for this recipe and I love that it keeps the stove top burners free for other pots and/or pans needed for your holiday meals. If you don’t have an Instant Pot, make sure to check out the Black Friday sales on Amazon or your local stores. I got my Instant Pot a few years back using a deal that was given on Black Friday! And I believe I’ve seen the same deal every year since then, so definitely keep your eyes peeled if you’ve been wanting to get your hands on this pot!
- 3 large sweet potatoes, sliced into
- 1/2 inch slices
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced in 1/2
- 5 slices of thick bacon (2 strips are for for garnish*)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp ghee or Butter
- Chives or green onions for garnish
- *Bacon bits to top it off
- Set your instant Pot to sauté mode. Once warmed, add 3 pieces of bacon and cook until browned, tossing around as needed.
- While the bacon is cooking, peel and slice the sweet potatoes.
- When bacon is done, add chicken broth, cashew milk, potatoes, garlic and salt and pepper (yes, leave bacon in pot).
- Set the instant Pot to manual for 20 minutes. Make sure valve is turned to seal. Once done, slow release.
- *Cook up a couple of bacon strips to dice and top the purée, if desired.
- Transfer the potatoes to a blender (you’ll need to do this in 2 batches) and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into a bowl and repeat with remaining potatoes. Add to the bowl with the rest of the purée....and swirl in a 2 tbsp’s of ghee or butter.
- Top with green onion/chives and bacon bits.