Back to life…..back to reality and back to prepping! Since I was off most of the summer, I had the time to plan and make meals daily. Now that I’m back to work, prepping is a must! I like the ease of having things ready to go and doing a few things on Sunday’s really takes a load off during my busy week. These little breakfast “muffins” were actually intended on being a big casserole dish that I was going to prep on Sunday and slice throughout the week. Well, silly me packed all of my large casserole dishes because I honestly thought we’d be in our new place by now. As I scrambled through the cupboards, I found a muffin tin and that’s how these little gems were born!
Since this recipe was intended for a casserole dish, I had some leftoveror s after my muffin tin was filled (makes 12). You can either grab another tin and make another handful or so ….or do what I did — I filled my tin and once they were in the oven, I took what was left and quickly cooked up in the large pan that’s already sitting on the stove from the prep of the veggies. Cook it up into a scramble or omelette style & call that breakfast for the day. That’ll mean all 12 “muffins” will be your prepped breakfast for the week! YAY!
If you haven’t used parchment muffin liners, I highly suggest them! They are the best! Whether you’re making something like this or a baked good, the liner just pulls away with ease …..in fact, it is quite hard to keep the liner attached to the food if you wanted to! I get mine at Sprouts. I know that I’ve looked for them at a couple of grocery stores and they didn’t have the parchment ones but I have seen them at select Targets!
Alrighty then! I’m off to clean up the dinner dishes (I feel like I’m always doing dishes!!!) then some R & R with my pup and HGTV. Ya, that’s my guilty pleasure – that, and Food Network! Anyone else hooked on either of those??? Okidoki. I’m really going now …….
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 small yellow squash, diced
- 5 red mini bells, diced
- 2 cups broccoli, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/4 cup pasta sauce
- 2 Italian sausage links, roughly diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a dozen sized muffin tin with parchment cupcake liners ....or grease with ghee or coconut oil.
- Warm and melt ghee in a large pan. Once veggies are diced, add to the pan. Stir occasionally. Add the sausage about 3 minutes in of cooking the vegetables and cook the veggies/sausage another 3-4 minutes. The vegetables shouldn't be cooked all the way through, just softened a bit.
- Add pasta sauce just to "warm in". Sprinkle with the garlic powder and salt & pepper.
- While veggies are softening up, whisk the 12 eggs and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Lay your muffin tin on a baking sheet just in case there is spillage.
- Once vegetables are done, scoop into muffin tin, going about 1/2 way up the cup. You WILL have extra veggies -- that's ok! You need it after these go into the oven.
- Pour the whisked eggs into the muffin tins with the vegetables to just about the top of muffin liner and/or tin. You will have extra of this too! *See notes
- Place into oven at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
- While these are in the oven, pour the remaining whisked eggs into the pan with the extra veggies and scramble and/or form an omelette! This is breakfast for this morning, while your prepping the breakfast for the week in your oven!!! 🙂
- * You can opt to use an additional muffin tin to make up the rest of the eggs/veggies or you can proceed with the instructions in recipe and make for breakfast that day 🙂