I don’t have any other reason for making up these little “tacos” except that I opened the fridge to make breakfast and realized these mini bells had to be used up & soon! Surprisingly, these came together very quickly and what made it even better is hearing my hubby from the other room making his, “mmmm…..mmm” sounds!
I’m back to work now and finding the balance w/a scheduled day again. Life is so much more simple when you get up, get your workout in and plan your day afterward! Now, it’s pretty much just a rushed morning to get out the door, work, then do my workout….then cook, clean and hopefully get some veg time in before I’ve got to get things ready for the next day. The first 2 weeks that school starts back up are hard getting back into the groove. It slowly happens and I’m sure within the next week or so, I’ll be content with the routine. I guess I’m just pouting because I would so much rather be cooking, blogging or learning more about Beautycounter & trying to build up that business. All that said, I do love what I do (para-educator) and appreciate that I do in fact, have a job! (*sigh – thanks for listening!) 😛
So in combination of the rant of getting back to work and this recipe – I believe this would be a great recipe to make up the filling ahead of time and have stored in fridge to dish into these mini bells on a busy weekday morning. Heck, these would even make a quick snack or dinner! As I have said time and again, I’m all for making meals simple and easy. And if they can be made up quickly, that’s all the better! Right?!?
What’s a quick and easy breakfast you’ve got up your sleeve? Do tell! I’m all ears & would love to know how you all make your mornings run smoothly and as seamless as possible! Please leave me some ideas in the comments! Okidoki my friends, enjoy this recipe 🙂
- Mash one ripe avocado in bowl & add 2-3 tbsp chipotle lime mayo. Add a tbsp of water to thin out a bit and season with a sprinkle of salt & pepper. Mix and mash with fork to combine.
- slice one side (not quite in the middle, to keep stem in tact - it makes it easy to grab & turn over if necessary and makes a bigger pocket), seed and set aside. *Keep sliced edge of mini bells to add to a tuna or chicken salad 🙂 or dice & add to your pan of sausage & spinach!
- In a large pan, brown sausage to nearly done. Add ghee to melt, then spinach & stir to mix in with sausage & wilt down the spinach. Sprinkle garlic powder and stir.
- Crack the eggs into the pan with sausage/spinach mixture - "scramble" in pan to combine with mixture. Stir around occasionally.
- While eggs are setting, set a wire rack on top of open flame on stove. Lay the cut mini bells, skin side down onto rack and let the bells char a bit over flame - turning if needed to cover all angles. Typically, this takes 4-5 min for my liking so depending on your "char likes", you can add or take away time on flame.
- Plate the mini bells and spoon your egg mixture into the bells ....top with the guac and eat!