Well, “tomorrow” came and went! I posted this breakfast about a week ago and I’m just now getting it up on the website! Omg. Time sure does fly!
This breakfast came about quickly as I tried to use up a couple of things in the fridge and be able to have a couple of servings left over to quickly warm on a busy morning. Summer school starts an hour earlier than the regular school year and that really threw me for a loop as I tried to go about my morning routine. This definitely came in handy!!!
I am looking forward to having a couple of weeks off before school starts up again and I really hope I can get in the kitchen and play but as you know, our house is up for sale and the showings can be at the spur of the moment so dirtying up the kitchen is a little frowned upon. I must admit — this whole thing I weighing on me. But that’s another story for another time …..just being honest and putting it out there. I can tell the restlessness of not being able to quite “live” in my home is taking a toll. Our bodies are so smart, even when we try to trick them! Again….a story for another time but I will definitely be sharing this part of my journey and how I’m handling it soon enough.
Onto the recipe! It’s quite easy and again, a prep ahead meal so you can cut, warm & serve on a busy morning 🙂 Let me know if you put your own tweaks on it! I’d love to hear from you!
- 1 sausage link (I use a spicy sausage to add flavor)
- 3 slices of bacon
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup broccoli slaw, cut into small pieces
- 1 big handful baby spinach
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- 6 grape tomatoes, sliced width wise into 4 pieces
- 2 tbsp sliced green onion
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp favorite cooking fat
- Preheat oven to 405 degrees.
- In a cast iron skillet, cook up sausage into crumbles.
- Add 1 tbsp favorite cooking fat if sausage doesn't create a good amount for sautéing veggies.
- Toss in chopped broccoli slaw & onions -
- cook a couple of minutes, then add spinach. Cook down spinach while tossing/stirring all the veggies together.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs & water - add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into veggies/sausage mixture in cast iron skillet. Let it cook about on bottom about 5-7 min.
- Toss on the tomatoes and put into preheated 405 degree oven for 10 minutes (Check to see if eggs are cooked up on top. Leave in another couple of minutes if eggs appear to be slightly runny).
- While eggs are in oven, cook up the bacon & break into pieces.
- When done, sprinkle bacon bits and green onions on top!
- Serve with guacamole to take it up a notch!