Pumpkin everything! Do you need to wait for fall to enjoy pumpkin? Not me! I love any kind of pumpkin, especially if it’s dessert! And pecans happen to be my favorite nut so why not top a dessert off with a pecan topping?
Pumpkins actually have a great deal of health benefits so might as well get this yummy squash in any way you can. Some of the benefits support a healthy heart, good vision and can aid in weight loss (if you aren’t indulging on too much of the pumpkin pie 😉 I even love to add a dash up pumpkin spice to my coffee.
When I was doing the 21 Day Sugar Detox, it was just before Thanksgiving and pictures of pumpkin desserts were all over the place on instagram. It was so hard to see all the yumminess and not be able to make a pumpkin pie or bread. So I had to improvise. I decided to make a “dessert” that would be approved on my detox. I decided making in ramekins would help with portion control and I could add sweetener to a couple of the ramekins, for the those not detoxing.
These aren’t sweet – hence the “dessert” in quotes. But it definitely helped with a pumpkin craving and gave me the feeling of eating a dessert. So if you’re detoxing, you will probably find this a great alternative but if you’re not, you can add sweetener as mentioned in the recipe. Hmmm….kinda craving this now. I just might go whip it up!
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: 2 tbsp raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp room temp Kerrygold butter
- Optional: 1 tsp raw honey or pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place all ingredients in container of immersion blender & blend til combined and smooth. (You can obviously use any method to mix all the ingredients - this just happened to be easiest for the amount I was making).
- Pour into 4 ramekins evenly.
- Combine chopped pecans with cinnamon, vanilla and butter (I used my fingers to really get the butter incorporated).
- Evenly spoon onto each ramekin and bake for 45min-1hr.
- Cool, chill and eat!
- Drizzle some coconut milk on top before serving or make coconut whip to put a dollop on top!