Who needs popcorn when you can have this? Roasted cauliflower bites are a perfect side dish or snack for a cozy night in! I’m not a big movie watcher. Whether it be at the theater or at home, I just find it a waste of time……I’d rather be doing something, than watching people do things. My hubby loves movies! I remember when we first dated/married, he would always suggest going to the movies but I felt that when we finally got out and away from the kids, I wanted to enjoy each others company, not sit side by side and watch a big screen. And at home???? Well…..that’s a bit more appealing to me because you can pause and grab a snack, throw a load of laundry in, or deal with kids etc. BUT I tend to doze off when I watch movies at home. I definitely can’t lay down so I try and sit upright and put tooth picks in my eyes!
What really helps when I start to feel myself dozing off is grabbing a little snack. Since I don’t eat popcorn, my favorite things to grab are nuts, plantain chips, banana or even a spoon full of almond butter! One night I made a batch of roasted cauliflower and had cut up the pieces to kind of resemble popcorn 🙂 I think it’s an amazing side dish for a meal but you can also fill a bowl up with these and not feel guilty at all while you munch away…..trying to keep yourself awake while watching a movie!
- One Head Cauliflower
- 1/4 cup Tinstar Foods melted ghee (or any ghee or butter)
- 3 tbsp 'Garlic Lovers' by Flavor God (or any Garlic seasoning)
- 1-2 tsp 'Spicy Everything' by Flavor God (or any Spicy seasoning)
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven 425 degrees
- 1. Cauliflower into small bite size pieces.
- 2. In a large bowl, toss cauliflower with all ingredients except the salt.
- 3. Lay cauliflower in single layer on foil lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
- 4. Bake for 15 minutes.
- 5. Toss and carefully flip and bake for another 10ish minutes.
- Omit Spicy if you don't like it spicy! It's still yummmm! Bake a little less time if you like a more raw/crunchier texture....and a little more if you like a very roasted/softer texture.