I do love a quick & simple meal ….and when it tastes like you have slaved in the kitchen (well ….that may be a huge exaggeration), it’s all the better!
This Sable Fish from Sizzle Fish is the perfect combination of a salmon and white fish. To me, it’s the best of both worlds. Salmon used to be my favorite fish due to the buttery flavor and though I still love it, some of these white fish selections I’ve gotten from Sizzle Fish have been amazing and I’m loving the flakiness! I feel like the Sable Fish takes what I love about the above and turns into one so I can enjoy each of the qualities I love, in one fish!
When I miss out on a prep day over the weekend, I try and think of meals that will take little time but still keep in line with my healthy lifestyle. This meal came together in no time and I loved it so I thought I would share it with you! I did marinate the fish for a little over an hour – I tossed in the marinade, ran out the door to workout & came home to whip this meal up in minutes. If you have more time and are needing a carb, roast some diced sweet potatoes and toss those on the salad as well. Or mix some cauli-rice into the salad. But as I said, if you’re crunched for time and just need to get some fuel made and eaten quickly, this will definitely suffice 🙂
- 2 piece Sable Fish*
- 1/4 cup coconut vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or fav cooking oil)
- S & P to taste
- 4 cups favorite spinach/kale/greens combo (I use Power Greens that can be found at Costco)
- 3 tbsp sliced green onions
- Marinate fish in ziploc for 1 hour (reserve marinade).
- Heat oil in cast iron pan - medium/high heat.
- Season fish w/salt and pepper & carefully place into hot pan, skin side up. Cook for about 5 minutes and turn. Cook on each side about 3-4 min.
- Place on plate and pour in reserved marinade into the cast iron ...and add greens. Toss/turn lightly for just a minute. You want it warmed and tossed through marinade but not wilted.
- Serve fish on the greens and garnish with some sliced green onions.
- *Serves 2. Double etc., as needed.