Here’s the thing – if you follow me, you know that I just posted the recipe for the Greek Salad and that in itself is so good! A super easy, refreshing summer salad to eat with or without a protein. As I said in the salad post, I usually make it with chicken …..because having cooked chicken on hand is a usual around my house. The other day I decided to make some salmon and this salad had just been made earlier in the day — so this delicious combo was born!
It’s no secret that my favorite ‘go-to’ seafood is Sizzle Fish. If you’re on the hunt for some good quality fish and properly sourced, I suggest heading over to their site and taking a look at their goods. Aside from loving the taste and quality, I LOVE the fact that they pack their seafood in portion sized packaging. My hubby works 3 nights a week and I’m often eating dinner alone since my kids are all grown and 2 out of 3 of them are on their own (no sympathy please….I’m so o-k with it!!!) – but I find it so easy to grab a package of ‘whatever’, defrost and make a meal for one! Super convenient! I’ll stop there but seriously ….go check ’em out! 🙂
This salmon recipe has got to be the easiest you’ll ever make! I had it done, from start to finish in 15 minutes! As you can see from the picture above, I ate it along side the Greek Salad but the next day, enjoyed it all shredded into the salad and I actually preferred salmon to chicken in the salad as the flavors all melded together so well!!!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush ghee (doesn't have to be melted, in fact better if not so it adheres to salmon better) onto flesh and skin side of salmon. Season with the seasonings and place salmon skin side up in small baking dish.
- Place into preheated oven on middle rack and cook for 6 minutes. Turn salmon over and cook flesh side up .....adding a bit more seasoning and/or ghee if needed before sending back into the oven. Bake another 6ish minutes!
- If you want to enjoy the this salmon with the *Greek Salad, let it cool and shred. Add to salad, toss and eat!
- *Greek Salad Recipe here! ---> Greek Salad