It’s no secret that I’m a chocoholic so it seems fitting that my first post would be a paleo sweet treat! I was craving brownies after seeing a post in instagram but my oven was taken with all of my food prepping for the week. I decided to just wing it and make a microwave chocolate ‘something’ …..and it turned out amazing!
- 1/4 cup melted dark chocolate (I use 85% but I like it more bitter than sweet)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp kerrygold butter
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Coconut oil to grease ramekin
- Add butter to your melted dark chocolate & mix to incorporate. Whisk egg & slowly add to your chocolate mixture.....then add cocoa powder & vanilla. Mix well. Wipe your ramekin with coconut oil (my ramekin was wide/shallow so time may vary with the deeper ones). Pour batter into ramekin & smooth to reach edges. Microwave for 1 minute --- yes, 1 minute but again, I used the wider ramekins.
- If you don't like darker chocolate, try 70% or less....or semi-sweet chocolate chips. If you're using the deeper ramekins, you may want to test after 1 minute and put back in for 20 seconds at a time.