I don’t know about you but spaghetti squash is usually a staple in my house. It’s a sad day for me when they’re not in the stores because of the season! I definitely use this squash as a substitute for pasta but I also made a soup a handful of months back and it was not only easy-peasy but so good! It’s a perfect fall food but it was good cold too! The soup on the blog as well …..so search or scroll and find another way to make this yummy squash.
As for this dip — I started out thinking I was going to throw together a pasta type meal but as I stared into my fridge, I saw my Primal Kitchen Foods ‘Chipotle Lime Mayo’ and it occurred to me that this squash might be pretty freakin’ tasty with that mayo mixed all in! I suddenly had a taste for a creamy dip and the rest is history because this happened and it was exactly what my taste buds craved!
This particular recipe calls for shredded chicken because that’s what I had prepped but I’m looking forward to tossing in some shrimp or even chorizo next time I whip this up! Or perhaps you don’t want to add any meat at all……whatever you prefer. It’s a great base to start with and is so good with Jilz Crackerz! (If you haven’t tried these crackerz, I highly suggest them!!!)
I’m actually looking forward to making this for the upcoming holiday season. It’s an easy dish to take along to parties or gatherings. It’s good warm or room temp so that makes it easy to transfer and not have to worry about keeping it hot or cold.
I know this time of year seems to be all about #allthingspumpkin but if you can get your hands on a spaghetti squash, I suggest changing it up with #squettidip – why not? It’s perfect to munch on while watching Netflix – so curl up on the couch, on a rainy Sunday afternoon (well, it doesn’t have to be rainy …..and it doesn’t have to be a Sunday :P) and have this ready to scoop up with your favorite scoopers and enjoy!
- 1/2 cooked spaghetti squash
- 1/4 cup chipotle lime mayo
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cooked/diced chicken
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 - 2 tbsp chopped cilantro and/or green onions.
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredient except cilantro.
- Spread into a small baking dish or between a couple of large ramekins.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes. If you prefer oven, 10 minutes.
- Top with cilantro and green onions if desired.
- Serve with crackers, plantain chips, veggies or even bacon!
- *This was made up with leftover spaghetti squash and chicken so if you're making a whole squash & want to use it, double the rest of the ingredients & use a larger baking dish or 4 larger ramekins/mini casseroles to keep it fun with personal servings.