Who doesn’t love a good hot wing? When my hubby and I grab dinner out, I am always temped to get hot wings when I see them on the menu – and not gonna lie, sometimes I do! But more often then not, I stop myself because I really have no idea what sauce or oils they use and perhaps they might be coated in flour before frying. I know that we take our chances with many food choices when dining out but the wings scare me a little more than other choices as there are many ways the cooking/ingredients might have an effect on how I feel later or the next day.
Luckily, making hot wings at home is super easy and convenient when you use the crockpot! I absolutely love my crockpot and use it weekly for various meals so I know that at least one meal for the week is prepped. It’s also the best feeling to know you’re meal is being cooked while you work….or play….or perhaps even prepping other meals. I like to use my Instant Pot as well but I really do love the convenience of plopping meal ingredients into the slow cooker and forget about it for 8 hours while I get other things done. The Instant Pot does have a slow cooker button and I will check that out sometime but I purchased the Instant Pot for “instant meals” so I’ll keep my crockpot close as I am so familiar with it and it’s never failed me! I finish these off under the broiler for just a handful of minutes to crisp up the skin a little.
I love them right out of the oven but I do make a handful with more of the sriracha/ghee brushed on top for that added kick of spice!
For this recipe, I use Fix Hot Sauce. Of course you can use any hot sauce of your choice. Typically I would use a buffalo sauce but sometimes you just like to change it up a bit and I’m glad I did because these wings were a a great change of pace with a lot of flavor and spice!
- 25 chicken wings (give or take)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Roughly 2-3 tbsp sriracha sauce (I use Fixx Hot Sauce)
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Place all wings in a crockpot and add s&p, garlic powder and drizzle the hot sauce on top of the wings.
- Set crockpot on low ...for 8 hours (you will actually only cook in crockpot for 6 hours).
- Turn crockpot at 6 off at hours -- Preheat oven to broiler. Carefully remove wings and lay on baking sheet and place under broiler using middle rack, for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes.
- *If desired, brush on sriracha sauce/ghee mixture to the wings to add more spice!