Welp. I’m battling with my computer and really didn’t even think I would be able to get a blog post/recipe up this week but my daughter offered to let me use hers. I’m hoping I can get this up without any hiccups! Easier said than done since I know nothing about computers! I have an appointment at the Genius Bar – hoping they can save the day BUT it’s an older computer so I feel like I’m probably going to have to cave and get a new one. So, as I type this up from her computer – the whole structure looks different from what I’m used to so I’m just going with the flow and crossing fingers!
I will get right to the recipe since I have no idea if what I’m doing is right – haha! I so wish I was computer savvy. Anyway, I decided to stuff a sweet potato with meat seasoned with taco seasonings and call it a Taco Boat! When I plated it, I immediately thought of a boat …..do you see it? Or is it just me?It’s easy. Really, it is. I use the microwave for the potatoes (and just so you know – The Paleo Mom says microwaves aren’t that bad! She’s a scientist and has a great post to back that opinion up!) so it takes no time to cook those up and brown your meat. And topping it off with guacamole makes everything perfect!
Have at it and keep me posted on any changes you make. I try to keep things simple ….and I honestly feel like it isn’t even recipe worthy but then get questions on this or that so figure I should put up on the blog so I can direct people over here. Sometimes it’s just easier to go straight to a recipe to take the guess work out of preparing a meal, right??? So …here ya go!
- 1 lb ground meat
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced or diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4-1/2 cup salsa
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Sprinkle of pepper
- In a large pan, cook your ground meat & break up into a crumble. Once meat is nearly cooked, add the chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, cayenne & pepper. Stir to combine and leave cooking on low, tossing about occasionally.
- Wash and dry sweet potatoes. Poke a few pokes with fork in each potato and wrap with paper and set in microwave safe plate. Cook for 5 minutes.
- While those 2 things are going, slice and/or dice the veggies.
- When potatoes are done, carefully remove and let cool to touch. Once you can handle the potato, cut in 1/2 lengthwise. Either fluff the potato with fork or make a slit with knife down the middle of potato.
- Spoon on the cooked ground meat evenly between the 4 halves. Top with onions (green and red), jalapeño's, tomatoes, salsa and guacamole! Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.