My life has been such a whirlwind lately. I made these Apple Pie Treats quite a while back and have had every intention on getting the recipe on the blog but have been crazy-busy with putting our house up for sale and searching for one at the same time. I also started back to work (summer school) a couple of weeks ago so that really through a wrench into all that I needed & wanted to get done, all the while still trying to enjoy my summer!
Blogging, recipe creating and even just making daily meals has been on the back burner. A couple of years ago I would have tried to tackle it all and not let one thing sit on the back burner! I honestly used to be that “all or nothing” type of personality and I have (thankfully) learned over the last few years that I need to put things to the side and make a list of what really needs to be done so I don’t have the candle burning at both ends. My health AND family appreciate my newfound mentality! Clearly, I try to lead a very healthy and active life but when you add stress to it and keep yourself going by trying to tackle IT ALL, our health suffers and let’s be real – this crazy time in my life requires a healthy me and healthy attitude! So while I am so bummed I haven’t been able to use my summer time away from my regularly hour’d work schedule to play in my kitchen and create fun foods, I do realize that it is more important to let a few things slide to keep me sane. I will be back in the kitchen soon enough, spending more time washing dishes than I care to (See??? There is a bright side ……not a lot of dishes are being done at the moment!!! Yay!)
I also partnered up with Beautycounter a few weeks back and have tried to share a little bit o’info with you all about why I started using their products and partnering up by becoming a consultant but like with fiddling in the kitchen, this will be a slow process in my life because I need to focus on a few other things right now. I will say that I use Beautycounter in my daily routine now so it is a bit easier to share since I just open and apply, vs. creating, cooking, photo snapping and sharing/blogging. Oh and of course, the dreaded cleaning! (On a side note: If there is anything you’re interesting in trying, send me an email and I’ll see if I can get a sample over to you. Bare with me on this since I’m moving slowly with it but I have tons of support and I’d love to help you get started with a cleaner beauty regime. You can check out the products <–here–>).
All that said, I did find the time to make these little fun treats and just hadn’t had the time to get the recipe up! So here they are! They are great warm with dab of butter or ghee on top. I had a few left sitting in the fridge and didn’t want them to go to waste so I took a chance on freezing them. I just warmed in microwave and they were great!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix your crust ingredients together.
- Line a muffin tin with parchment muffin liners and drop a medium sized "scooper" (about 2 tbsp) of batter into muffin cups. Press down lightly with fingers to fill the edges of liner. Bake 10 minutes.
- While crust is in oven, mix all of your apple ingredients together. When crust is done, use same size "scooper" or dollops as you did with crust and top the crust with apple filling. Fill to the top of each muffin liner.
- Top with a sprinkle of additional pecan pieces and bake another 12 minutes.
- Makes a dozen + 2!
- You could also use lard/shortening for this recipe which makes the crust flakier! With the ingredients listed, your crust will have a little "cookie like" crunch on the bottom, with more "muffin like" texture throughout the rest of the crust.