When you get home from a long day of working, working out and running a couple of errands – on a Friday, no less – you want an easy prep for dinner! Am I right?? Other than running to Chipotle or Chicken Maison, this is the next best thing in terms of the ease…..and it was in fact, pretty tasty!
One of my favorite things about a one pan meal is that not only do all the flavors meld together, the clean up is a breeze. I mean, you can even eat out of the pan and make it that much easier for clean up! But that’s up to you 🙂 Seriously though – I really do like that the juices from chorizo are flowing into the veggies. It all comes together so quickly and when I get all the “Yummmm’s” at the table, it makes me feel like I prepared a meal that took hours! It’ll be my secret ….I’ll just go ahead & let them think I slaved away.
I used Buy Ranch Direct Chorizo in this recipe because honestly, that is what was already defrosted but I would imagine this would be great with any protein. I am definitely going to try this with some tenderloin next time! And I sent this recipe to my friend and she said she made it with ground chicken so the options are endless.
I’m actually going to prep some this week and freeze it because my daughter and I are heading to New York next Sunday! Woohoo! My first time and I love that it’ll be a girls trip! That said, my hubby will be hanging here alone and I’m going to be nice and leave a few meals in freezer and fridge so he isn’t: A) eating out all the time and B) trying to concoct something in the kitchen that might lead to a disaster. But really, the reason is more of ‘A’ because he honestly just won’t take the time to make something.
OK! So onto the the recipe! As I said, it’s a super easy prep and honestly, what makes it even better is that you aren’t cleaning up a lot of pots and pans after eating. So check it out – make it and then let me know what you think! As always, I love to hear your tweaks so keep me posted! OH! And all you New Yorkers, I need to know your restaurant favs!!! We’ll be in Manhattan most of the trip! Let me know 🙂
- 1/2 lb chorizo
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups shredded cabbage/carrots
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp diced green onions
- Sesame seeds
- In a large pan, cook up/crumble chorizo to brown.
- On medium flame - add the coconut oil to pan, let melt and add in your broccoli (I like my florets to be small & uniformed in size for even cooking). Stir and place lid on for about 3 minutes.
- Take lid off and toss in the shredded cabbage - add the coconut aminos, sesame oil and garlic, stirring to coat throughout mixture. Toss around til the cabbage has wilted. Sprinkle in your seasonings and combine.
- Top with green onions and a sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Bowl up or plate and enjoy!