Well, this is what happens when you have cashew “cheese” & broccoli that needed to be used up. You make Broccoli and Artichoke Dip! I’ve always loved spinach and artichoke dip so I thought, ‘why not broccoli’?
And here again….I’m using the cashew “cheese”! LOVE!!! Not gonna lie, I don’t think it’s fooling me into thinking it’s cheese on its own but definitely going to keep making this up to add to recipes because it’s delish!
I burnt the roof of my mouth tasting it. It was so good, I just kept dabbing a plantain chip into it, blowing on the dip for 10 seconds and taking another bite – yet again, burning my mouth. But it was oh-so worth it!!!
I had to make it again the next day! The first time I made it with grassfed sour cream and the 2nd time with paleo mayo – both ways were great so you take your pick if you decide to make this.
Give it a try and use some of your favorite veggies as scoopers….or my personal fav…. plantain chips!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dice artichoke hearts into small chunks.
- Finely chop up the broccoli florets.
- In a large bowl, add artichokes, broccoli, garlic, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, pepper and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the cashew "cheese" and sour cream or mayo.
- Add the creamy mixture to the artichokes etc. and combine well.
- Place dip into a small baking dish and bake in oven for 35 min.
- Let cool before you dive in.....so you don't burn your mouth like me 🙂
- Cashew Cheese recipe can be found in SIDES: sauces/dips, as well as the Paleo Mayo.