You may think I’m weird for putting this combination together but I promise you, it is pretty addicting after your first bite! These Chocolate Cracker Toffee Bites give you the feeling of eating a chocolate covered pretzel…..and I’m not gonna lie, those pretzels used to be a fav of mine!
I had the pleasure of meeting Jill over at Jilz Gluten Free Crackers and she gave me some of her delicious crackers to try. She told me that her guilty pleasure was eating a cracker with a piece of dark chocolate. My hubby then reminded me of something I made years ago, using saltines and dark chocolate. Of course when I got home, it was the first on my list to try and recreate using Jill’s Crackers. Of course any cracker will work….but I love the ingredients in Jill’s and feel better making a treat with these crackers.
Jill has a great story as to how she started out making these crackers and you can read all about it here. What started out to be a nice thing to do for her husband, turned into a great business with the yummiest paleo crackers out there!
Obviously these crackers work well with savory foods but they have also made these little sweets a perfect sweet & salty combo! I highly suggest them if you’ve been missing crackers. Whether you decide to try this recipe or not, I know you’ll appreciate the cracker, even by itself. BUT if you’re going to get them anyway…you may as well just give this recipe a try. Like I said….it may be a weird combo but it is pretty freakin’ tasty!
- 15 Jilz Gluten Free Cracked Pepper & Salt Crackers
- 1/4 cup grassfed butter
- 1/4 cup date sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Lay crackers butting up to one another in bar pan, foil lined. You may need to break a few in half of to fill pan.
- In a small pot, melt butter and add date sugar. Bring to a bubbly simmer - stirring, being careful not to boil or burn.
- Pour over crackers (spread with rubber spatula if needed).
- Place into preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Take out and add chocolate chips over top, evenly. They will start to melt - spread with rubber spatula.
- Put into refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow chocolate to harden.
- Break apart and eat 🙂
- IF you have any left.....store in sealed container in fridge.
- And obviously any crackers will do. I just happened to love Jill's!