Calling all food preppers ….this one is for you! Undoubtedly, there are many egg bake recipes out there. I even have a few on my site as well but when you toss together a few ingredients and it works, you want to share ….right?? Well, that’s what happened here – I quickly tossed in some ingredients for a quick breakfast and got all the love from the family so I decided I needed to have it saved on my blog AND share it with you!
I am a morning person. I get up at 5am and either go for a run or grab a mug of coffee and sit with my pup while catching up on a guilty pleasure on TV or catch up on emails. Either way, I love being up while it’s still dark out & enjoying the stillness in the air. It’s ‘my time’ and I truly treasure it – even on the weekends!
Here’s where it backfires! I don’t have to leave for work until about 8:20. I tend to think I can tackle all the things before I leave for work! So, my morning ends up being a little more frazzled just before walking out the door than it should be. If you follow me on IG, you see that I make breakfast pretty much on the daily and thankfully my hubby has gotten into the routine of cleaning up the “mess” as I scramble to grab all of my garb before heading out the door. Even though I’m up nearly 3 1/2 hours before I have to leave for work, I try and shove in 5 hours worth of things to do within that time!
I’m NOT getting up earlier …..that would only mean trying to get in 6 hours of stuff done in that period of time! That’s just me. I do try and work on that but sometimes it’s just hard to stop moving. But that’s where breakfasts like this come in handy!
I made these little egg bakes on a Saturday morning and had a handful leftover, which made a great ‘grab-n-go’ the following work week! I love when I can sit and chat (sitting!!) with my hubby while eating breakfast without the rush of getting breakfast made. And while these little “muffins” allow me to sit and relax while eating, they also make a convenient ‘eat in the car’ food! I would rather sit and relax while eating but sometimes you just gotta eat enroute and these egg bakes are easy to eat on the road.
Whatever your pleasure is in terms of where and when you eat — Chorizo & Egg combo is the best …. w/veggies to amp up the nutrients! What’s your morning routine? Are you a grab-n-go person or a sit and enjoy every bite, kind of eater??? Enjoy this recipe either way!
- 8 eggs
- 1 lb. chorizo
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup brussel sprouts, diced (or veggie of choice)*
- 1/4 cup shredded Kerrygold cheese
- (optional: primal not paleo)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil (or fat of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pan, cook & crumble the chorizo. While chorizo is cooking, dice/slice veggies - add to chorizo (*if veggies are already cooked, skip adding to chorizo).
- Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil (or fat of choice) and brush the insides of cupcake/muffin tin. Alternatively, use parchment cupcake liners. Set your cupcake pan on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Whisk 8 eggs, add almond milk, salt and pepper. Whisk to incorporate.
- Spoon out chorizo/veggies and add cupcake tin - evenly distributing between the 12 cups. (Sprinkle veggies on top, if it wasn’t cooked up with chorizo). If using cheese, sprinkle on each portion.
- Carefully pour or ladle whisked eggs into each cup - should come up to just about the top of each rim.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- *NOTE: 1) I used left over brussel sprouts from the night before - makes it easy so save some veggies from dinner to make this quickly! 2) Parchment muffin liners work best & clean up is a breeze!