I made a batch of cashew “cheese” for my paleo lasagana & just had to figure out ways to incorporate in my next few meals…so I used in my egg casserole! Casseroles without cheese? Yep…. and it worked out beautifully.
I love anything that can be made in advance and just pop into oven OR make ahead all together….and warm up the next day! Mornings are crazy, busy & I just can’t skip breakfast. It’s a must to fuel up & tackle my day. I actually made these on the morning we ate them but it was a Sunday — so naturally I thought, ‘How can I make this happen for a weekday breakfast?’ PREP! Yep, make these up on a Sunday while I’m prepping other foods and I can enjoy this deliciousness before heading out to work.
I’m all about quick & easy, especially when it comes to breakfasts during the week — so doubling or tripling this batch and putting in a casserole dish & baking up for the week, sounds great! It would be a slice’n’go meal & that works for me!!
I’m ready to whip this up tonight so I can have this tomorrow morning!
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cooked crumbled chorizo (alternatively: cooked bacon or other protein of choice)
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 1 cup cooked spinach
- 2 tbsp cashew cheese (see sauces/dips under SIDES tab)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp spicy seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, combine eggs, spaghetti squash, cashew cheese & garlic powder/s&p, to combine.
- Take 2 larger size ramekins and decide mixture evenly between the 2 ramekins.
- Season the mixture with your spicy seasoning.
- Half the the chorizo/meat & sprinkle over egg mixture in each ramekin.
- Place ramekins on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving - enjoy!
- If you don't have the larger ramekins, you can make this in an 8x8 baking dish. Cooking time may vary.