Enchilada sauce was a hard one for me. I actually love the canned sauce from the grocery store but as I recollect, the ingredients weren’t all that clean. So I found myself trying to come up with one that would suffice. This does!
Check out my enchilada recipe and have at it!! 🙂
- Warm chicken broth & tomato sauce in a medium sauce pan.
- Add in all dry ingredients/seasonings - EXCEPT Tapioca Flour! and mix well.
- Cover and let simmer on low to thicken up a bit.
- NOW - slowly add in 1 tbsp of tapioca flour, whisking continually while adding in. It will thicken as it sits so use sparingly and add more if needed.
- Serve with your favorite enchilada recipe!
- *Add 2 cups chicken broth to sauce pan, taste test/check thickness after combining all ingredients. If needed, add 3rd cup and/or spicy seasonings according to your liking.