Summer is upon us full throttle! I LOVE the heat but this humidity is the worst. I was in Vegas and the temp was 30 degrees higher than where I live but honestly, that was more bearable than what’s been going on here in So Cal. Today seems to be a little better ….so I’m outside at this very minute as I post this recipe!
I have always had a weakness for ice cream. In fact, when pregnant with my oldest daughter, I seriously (no lie!) polished off a 1/2 gallon of ice cream in one sitting …& more than once a week I’m sure! It was bad. At birthday parties as a kid, I was all about the ice cream — they could keep the cake, just give me all the ice cream and I was a happy party go-er! And if you have been hanging with me for a while, you know that I love my dark chocolate so putting this fudge pop together was a no brainer as I try and cool myself off in this heat.
The ingredients in this recipe are nothing new. I have been making this in a n’icecream version for many years. Just tossed it all in my little blender and ate straight from there. It was more like a soft serve ice cream/frozen yogurt but then it dawned on me that I could freeze it and eat it colder …..then another light bulb – put into popsicle molds and have fun with add-ons!
I don’t think you need to add anything to make these yummy – they are good on their own but having that little extra something makes them fun and all that much better! Be creative and let me see what you do with them! I just used what I had on hand so I’d love to see what you come up with!
- 2 large frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4-1 cup* milk of choice (I used almond)
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- Place all ingredients in blender and whip til smooth and pourable.
- *Adjust milk amount according to consistency. This is depend on size of bananas ...so start with 3/4 cup and add more if needed to be able to pour.
- Pour into popsicle molds and put into freeze for about 4 hours.
- Eat as is our dip into melted chocolate for a fun twist ....add nuts or whatever you're favorite add-ons are! (I used chopped salted almonds, chopped dark chocolate covered pistachios and coconut flakes).
- For chocolate dip: I used 3/4 cups Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips & 1 tbsp coconut oil. Melt and dip frozen pops. The warm chocolate will harden as it comes in contact with the frozen pop.