Soup weather is a-coming! I want to be ready so I created this hearty Chicken “Noodle” Soup for the upcoming cool weather and cold/flu “season”!
So – if I can be honest with you all, I am not really a soup eater at all. I have never really liked soups or sandwiches ….so when mom made grilled cheese and tomato soup, I pretty much frowned. That said, if I were to eat soup and/or sandwiches, those 2 were pretty much my go-to’s! Chicken Noodle? Not so much. If and when I did eat soup, it had to be hearty with lots of veggies and meat and minimal broth/liquid. I did like creamier soups like clam chowder or cream of mushroom because they were thicker.
As I grow older, I do appreciate the warmth and flavors of all the soups I didn’t care for as a child but with that, I will always add more chunk and have less liquid! As you can see in the photo here, there’s not much broth so feel free to add more to the recipe if you desire.
I use Miracle Noodle in this recipe. If you aren’t familiar with this “noodle”, check out my post here and get more info on it or head over to their website and read more about their products. You can actually leave this out all together if you wish or just add your own noodle of choice.
Another note to mention is that I do use the Instant Pot and will be creating more recipes using this pot because OMG, it’s wonderful! I used it a few times when I first got it but didn’t bring it out for nearly a year after that! I recently kept it front and center in my cupboard so I wouldn’t forget about it and it’s really just made meals easier to prepare and way quicker than my crockpot. Don’t get me wrong — I LOVE my crockpot but the Instant Pot serves its purpose well!!! I’m pretty sure this recipe can be slow cooked too, which I will be trying out soon but if you give it a whirl in your crockpot first, please let me know how it goes! I’d love to share with readers your findings 🙂
Well, have at it my friends! ENJOY!
- 2 whole chicken breasts, skin off (about 1.5 lbs)
- 1 7oz. pack Angel Hair Miracle Noodle
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup almond or cashew milk
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp guar gum
- 1 1/2 tsp Adobo Seasoning, divided
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Using the instant pot, add chicken sprinkled with some of the salt, some Adobo seasoning & pepper, chicken stock, carrots, celery, onions & minced garlic.
- Set the instant pot with manual setting for 20 minutes, making sure valve is sealed.
- When done, release valve and stir in milk of choice, miracle noodles, guar gum and the rest of seasoning.
- Eat! Serve with crackers or your favorite soup side kick!