It’s no secret that I have a sweet tooth. I could totally go for a piece of dark chocolate before chips or popcorn any day of the week! I did’t realize my hubby had a such sweet tooth, until he really had nothing to go to this past week in terms of grabbing a little something for a sweet snack/dessert. He is usually more of a salty/savory “snacker”. I made these little keto desserts for my husband who is dabbling around with the keto diet and they definitely did the trick! He loved them and they’ve got all the goodness of healthy fats as well!
They are really easy to make. My recipe makes up about 7 cups but you can double the ingredients to get more stored in your fridge. It also calls for coconut butter which can be pretty expensive BUT super easy to make — I have a little snippet of pics on Instagram with the process of making your own coconut butter. All you need is coconut flakes and a high speed blender or food processor. That’s it. Just pour the flakes into your appliance and whip up until it is smooth and creamy. Done. You have coconut butter. 6 cups of flakes makes about 1 cup of coconut butter.
I used 100% dark chocolate bar in this recipe so that I could keep all sugars at bay for my husband but I do think that a 90%, or even 85% bar will keep sugars at bay and it’ll be less bitter. Even with the addition of stevia drops, it’s a very dark/cocoa tasting chocolate. My husband loves it! And I’m a dark chocoholic so I love it as well but if you’re not a big fan of the darker chocolates, this might be a little too bitter for you. I suggest adding the drops of stevia as stated, then adding a drop at a time to get to your desired sweetness.
So here you go — enjoy this treat without the guilt!
- 1/4 cup coconut butter (see notes)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 drops vanilla stevia
- 1 4oz bar 100% dark chocolate/unsweetened*
- 6+,drops stevia
- Mix coconut butter, oil and almond butter together using a mixer, whisk or fork. (Lightly warm if needed to make sure all ingredients mix well together). Add vanilla extract and vanilla stevia drops (stevia can be non flavored).
- Place 7 parchment cupcake liners in a muffin tin and use 1/8 measuring cup to scoop into each liner. It should evenly divide into 7 tins ...although you made need to get a silicone scraper to get residual to complete that last cup!
- Set in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Warm the dark chocolate bar, just to melting point, then remove from heat and stir in 6+ drops of stevia. It's still a little bitter at this point so feel free to add one drop at a time to desired taste. *A 90% dark chocolate bar could work here too! Depends on how strict you want to be.
- Take out coconut/almond from the refrigerator and spoon 2 tsp each of melted chocolate into each. Place back into fridge for about an hour.
- Keep them stored in refrigerator.
- Coconut Butter: You can make this easily at home. Whip up 6 cups coconut flakes in your high speed blender or food processor until smooth and creamy. Makes about 1 cup of coconut butter.