Who doesn’t love cooking in one pot? Less dishes is ALWAYS a good thing, right? Well as much as I love my crockpot, I’ve been loving my Instant Pot as it’s kinda like a slow cooker meal, full speed ahead!
There are many paleo choices of pasta sauces out there and I do have a few favs but buying your own veggies and whipping up a sauce of your own is always safe as you really know exactly what’s in your sauce. I’ve done stove top versions as well as crock pot recipes but I pretty much think this is how I’ll be doing my homemade sauce from now on. Don’t get me wrong ….I’ll probably keep buying “approved” jars for convenience from time to time BUT this was honestly so easy, I’m certain this will be in my rotation and will give it a-go with varied ingredients as well.
These ingredients are probably already sitting in your vegetable drawer so it’s not like you have to run out and grab hard to find things. I do use a couple of my favorite products like, Buy Ranch Direct Meats, Primal Palates Spices and Primal Kitchen and I do suggest these products because of quality and source but you certainly can use whatever you prefer.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, I’m sure you can do this in a crock pot by searing the meatballs in a pan on the stove first. Either way, it’s an easy way to make some meatballs/sauce and get something else done while it’s doing it’s thang! Serve over zoodles, spaghetti squash or your favorite pasta. Or just eat some meatballs! Why not? Ready, set ….go!
- 1.5 lb grass fed ground beef
- 2 tsp Adobo Spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 heirloom tomatoes
- 10 mini bellpeppers
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Turn your instant pot on to Saute/Browning. Season your meat & make up your meatballs to about the size of golf balls. Sear the meatballs in the instant pot, turning to get all sides. Take out and set to the side & turn instant pot to the Stew/Meat selection.
- Rough cut your tomatoes (they don't have to be diced ...chunkier pieces are fine). Do the same with the onion.
- Cut mini bells in 1/2 & seed them.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, onions, mini bells, garlic and seasoning to the instant pot. Top with the meatballs.
- Place lid on pot and make sure to close off steamer release. Cook the amount of time (35 min) as designated with the Stew/Meat selection.
- Once done, take meatballs out with strainer spoon, carefully leaving the veggies behind. Then with an immersion blender, blend the veggies until you get a soup/sauce like consistency.
- Toss your meatballs back into sauce and serve with your favorite "pasta"!