Have you ever tried fried pickles? Well, at the request of my hubby (again!), I “paleo-fied” fried pickles! It’s one of the things my hubby gets at our favorite ‘build your own burger’ place. I personally thought it was a weird combo but I gave in to trying one, one day and it was yum!
Do yourself a favor….if you decide to make these, get sliced pickles! I came home with a jar of whole pickles and was going to slice them with my crinkle cutter. My husband pointed out that they have pickles already sliced — duh!! He’s such a sweetie….he went out and got me sliced pickles to avoid that step in this recipe. And I was so thankful because the thought of trying to get them all the same size was worrying me. I guess I could have used a mandolin but why not just get a jar that are already sliced?!? Right???
These were so tasty! I was afraid we were going to eat all of them before plating them for a picture. My son liked them and he said he doesn’t even like pickles! I think this would be a fun little snack to nibble on while watching a movie! Or a snack to take to a potluck……..or on your “munchie” table at a party! No matter where you put them, they’ll be eaten quickly!
- 16 oz jar pickles/sliced
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup arrowroot flour
- 3 tbsp spicy seasoning (or any favorite - chipotle, lemon, garlic)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup coconut oil - divided
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat enough coconut oil in pan to about 1/2 inch thick.
- In a bowl, mix almond & coconut milk together.
- Add sliced pickles to bowl and combine thoroughly.
- In a large ziplock bag, combine flours, seasonings and s&p.
- Add coated pickles in batches to ensure proper coating and lay on parchment lined sheet until ready to cook.
- Again in small batches, carefully add pickles to oil and cook for about 2-3 minutes....gently flipping over about 1/2 way through.
- Lay on paper towels to drain and serve with favorite dip* or just munch on them as is!
- *There are few dips under SIDES-sauces/dips that will be delish with these 🙂