Ok, so here’s a super simple meal that I made quite a long time ago BUT after I posted it on Instagram, I accidentally deleted my notes. I remember the day well – not a lot was going on in my favor. It was one of those days where everything bad seemed to be happening. Do you ever have one of those days? Where you’re like, “Ok….seriously. What else can go wrong?”
Welp. I have those days from time to time but as of late, I have been reminding myself that things could certainly be worse! Right??! I honestly just stop and start laughing at myself. No joke – even my dog looks at me like, “What in the world are you laughing at?” I am a true believer that ‘laughter is really the best source of medicine’. Try it. (I know….this is a food blog and I’m talking about laughter and bad days) But seriously, I have made it a point to smile when things aren’t going my way. I can’t tell you how just that turn of the lip makes things seem like they are less intense and I find myself looking at my situation at hand with a much lighter spirit!
Alrighty ~ enough of the pep talk! I’ll move on to the recipe now. I found the time recently to try and recreate what I had done. I actually don’t even know how close to the taste it is, from the original recipe but just looked at the pictures I had taken and went with it. It’s not even like it was the best meal in the world and I just had to share it with you! I just know that making meals that are simple, healthy and easy are what I get asked to share — so that’s why it’s here. It’s a good one to double up on and take along to share at a potluck because it actually tastes good cold. We’ve had a crazy heatwave here in So Cal and I pulled this out of the fridge and ate cold, right out of the container. Yep. I’m that girl!
So go check out what I made many, many months ago and finally got this super simple meal up on the blog! It’s tasty my friends!
- 1 pkg cauliflower crumbles
- 4 sausage links
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 2 heaping tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp ghee or butter
- 1/4 cup arugula, stems cut & torn into smaller pieces
- Cilantro and/or Green onions
- Melt 2 tbsp ghee or butter in large pan. Stir in cauliflower crumbles and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In another pan, slice sausage links and toss around pan on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- In small food processor or blender, combine all ingredients from cashew milk, down and blend. Add to cauliflower pan and combine - turning flame to low and letting the "rice" meld with the sauce. Toss in arugula to combine.
- Serve in bowls, topped with sausage, cilantro and green onion!
- Serves 2-4 ...depending on hunger!