I absolutely love my veggies! Brussel sprouts has become one of my favorites but as I child, not so much. Roasting them with bacon and ghee is my absolute fave! I recently “riced” them with cauliflower and that turned out amazing! I keep trying to come up with different ways to make these green little gems and then this little salad happened!
I’m thinking this salad would look great on a bridal or baby shower table! It’s so pretty and colorful…and at the same time, so good for you! Summer salads are always great to have on hand so whip this up on a Sunday and have it ready to go for lunch at work or an easy dinner on a hot summer night. Put your own twist on it and add some pine nuts, walnut or pecans. Make it your own….and have fun with it!
- 2 cups shaved Brussels
- 1 cup sliced purple cabbage
- 2-3 cooked bacon slices/cut into bits
- 1/4 cup Paleo mayo
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder (I use Flavor God 'Garlic Lovers')
- 1 tsp lemon garlic seasoning (I use FlavorGod 'Lemon Garlic')
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Blanch brussels & cabbage.
- Transfer to a bowl & cool completely.
- Cook up bacon til crispy & dice into bits.
- Add seasonings to mayo/mix well.
- Toss cooled salad with the mayo mixture.
- Cool in fridge for at least 30 min.
- Toss in bacon bits before serving.