I’ll keep this short and “SWEET” because I am really trying to get these up for you all who might want a treat like this for a Valentine’s Day treat!
First off — I will say that these are made with homemade marshmallows so you will need to make those up ahead of time. Super easy recipe that I grabbed from my friend Kendra, over at Paleo Paparazzi. The recipe that I will direct you to is for a gingerbread version of a marshmallow (link in recipe) BUT you can easily make a regular marshmallow, just by omitting the gingerbread spices/steps. If you prefer to just grab store bought marshmallows, great! All the more easier 🙂
The crackers can be made ahead so they’re ready to go when you want to dip into this deliciousness. You can certainly make regular s’mores as well but I think it’s fun to have a dip’n’eat with the crackers and berries!
Have at it my friends!
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
- 1 cup or 10-20 marshmallows, depending on the size of your marshmallows (make these
- ahead of time using this recipe: marshmallows (just omit the ginger bread spice instructions for regular marshmallows).
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 3 tbsp butter, melted & cooled
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In cast iron pan (I used 2 mini's ...but you can certainly use one small and/or small baking dish), sprinkle the chocolate chips to cover the bottom. Place in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Check the chocolate to see that its melted - or mostly melted (you can use the back of spoon to help smooth out the melted/melting chocolate chips. Once completely melted, remove pan and set on cooling rack.
- If using paleo marshmallows (see the recipe I use above in ingredient section), top the melted chocolate w/marshmallows (cutting into smaller pieces if you've made large marshmallows) and let them melt while sitting on counter. If you decided to grab store bought marshmallows, you can pop these back under the broiler to get a "burned" marshmallow.*
- Take a knife and make a swirl effect with the marshmallows and chocolate. Serve immediately & dip away with your favorite berries or the graham crackers.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the almond flour, tapioca, coconut sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt to combine. Whisk in milk, honey, butter and vanilla.
- Once well combined, place on parchment lined baking sheet and either 1) place another piece of parchment on top and roll out with rolling pin to about 1/8 in thick or 2) wet finger tips and push/press out into 1/8 inch thickness. Try and form to straight sides/corners.
- Put into oven for 10 minutes. Take out and score with pizza cutter into squares or rectangles (your preference), then poke with fork a couple of times in each square. You can also use this time to square off the outer edges - but keep those edges there so it'll be a safe guard in case of any burning. Place back into oven for another 8-10 minutes.
- If needed, run the pizza cutter through the original score after they come out of oven. Let cool and break into pieces where scored.
- *I found that the homemade/paleo version of marshmallows will not "brown up" in the oven. Instead they melt right back into a liquid form, into the chocolate.