Sometimes you have to take the bad with the good — or just take the bad and turn it into a good! This Strawberries & Cream Filling/”Yogurt” started out to be a frosting for a cupcake and it just didn’t work the way I wanted it to. I liked the flavor and the texture reminded me of yogurt …..and I don’t like wasting food so I just put it into a bowl and into the fridge to deal with later.
I found myself munching on it later, like it was yogurt and even topped it with some paleo granola which was amazing! Then it occurred to me that it would be fun to fill the cupcakes with this little concoction and frost them with chocolate! I mean, who doesn’t love chocolate covered strawberries???? So! Back to the drawing board I went.
This recipe makes more than enough to fill some cupcakes so eating this “yogurt” for a snack or even breakfast works out perfectly! I’m not gonna lie though — taking a bite into the cupcakes (recipe here) and getting a taste of this filling is fun and delish! Combine that with the creamy frosting and it’s heaven!
- Solidified coconut milk from can (get this by putting can in refrigerator for at least 6 hours)
- 5 large strawberries
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 heaping tsp tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- With an immersion blender or small food processor, whip the strawberries, honey & vanilla.
- Scoop out the solidified milk from the can of coconut milk and place in a small bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix on high until coconut is fluffy.
- Add the strawberry mixture and whip. Incorporate tapioca flour.
- Set the bowl in refrigerator for 30 min.