I decided to take a whirl at Sweet Potato Tortillas (we’ll call them Sweet Pota-tillas, thanks to an IG follower!) I just felt like a twist on a paleo tortilla and I these came out so good!
Don’t be intimidated by the recipe. It has a few steps to tackle BUT they are easy and honestly, if I can do it….you can do it! And if you can’t or don’t want to, message me and I’ll send you some 🙂 Really. I will!
*3 sweet potatoes – peeled and sliced evenly no more than 1/4 inch thick.
*Lay sweet potatoes on dehydrator racks in a single layer.
*Turn dehydrator on to 145 and dehydrate appx 12 hours (check ….you want them to be crunchy)
*In batches, put sweet potato “chips” into coffee maker and grind to a fine consistency.
*You can probably do this in a food processor or high powered blender too.
*And you’re done — you have sweet potato flour/powder!
If you don’t have a dehydrator, I’m sure they can be made in and oven at low temp for a long period of time. The dehydrator is so easy though – as you can let it go all night or all day without attending it.
Next will be enchiladas!
I got 2 thumbs up from the fam on both the taste of the tortilla alone and then made up into taquitos so I highly suggest giving these a try! So without further ado……
- In a bowl, combine sweet potato flour & arrowroot.
- Whisk eggs and add to bowl along with almond milk, ghee, garlic powder and salt. Mix/whisk well.
- Add water accordingly -- you want it to be kind of like a runny pancake batter.
- Heat small skillet and pour mixture into center of pan, taking and maneuvering to swirl the "batter" to edges forming a round tortilla.
- Cook about 3-4 minutes on one side and take spatula to carefully flip over to cook other side another few minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Eat warm with butter! Cool and store in fridge to use in other recipes 🙂
- * Sweet Potato Flour method is in the post 🙂